It’s a sea day! And it’s the last day! So you know I was still awake pretty early. Eventually I got up and got ready, and while Nick got up and ready for breakfast, I enjoyed our balcony views. It was another beautiful day in the Bahamas!
We got to Marceline Market for breakfast about 8:30. And although it was the last day, and therefore the worst day, of the cruise, it was the best day of breakfast…churro waffle day!!
Breakfast eaten, I headed down to the Grand Hall for the ship walking tour (which I had had to book on embarkation day…a noticeable difference from the first 4 ships), and Nick went back to the room to sleep off the previous night’s old fashioneds. The tour was excellent. The details in this ship really are next level and the cast member leading this tour did an outstanding job, even with Jamie the assistant cruise director surprising her by going on the tour (I’m assuming as an evaluation).
When the tour was over, I headed back to the room, where Nick was conducting the one man orchestra in snore major. I did a bunch of packing so that I wouldn’t have to later and then headed to Hero Zone to watch the baby races. How can you not watch Jack Jack’s Diaper Dash? It’s a must do! Then I headed back to the room to rally Nick for lunch and enjoy some balcony views while he got ready.
We decided the sit down lunch menu looked boring today so we headed back to Marceline Market for our only lunch here this cruise. It was excellent. I have to say, the buffet food quality was MUCH better on the Wish this year than it was on the Dream last year.
After lunch, I took Nick for his own personalized tour of the ship, showing him some of the details I’d learned about and we also headed up to the absolute front of the ship to check out the view from there. During our exploration time, we decided one of the scariest things on a Disney Cruise, other than vomit and biohazard bags, is a 3 year old in a princess dress trying to play shuffle board. Enough said. We also, without planning it, caught “Who is behind the curtain”, which was cute.
We made a final pass through the gift shops and then headed back to the room, where we found our luggage tags and I finished packing. Nick probably took another nap and I enjoyed some more balcony time, before our next scheduled event of the day.
We headed for the Rose just before 3. Wow, what a stunning venue. Next year, we’ll have to spend some time in this lounge.
Why were we here? Mixology of course. This ended up being the most unique of any mixology we’ve done. It did not follow the standard formula. I was honestly nervous about this one when I saw all the ingredients laid out, but I ended up enjoying all of the drinks but one, and the bartenders were fantastic. It was a small group (6 or 7 people) and it was an hour filled with alcohol and laughs.
The bartender who led mixology started it with “in the next hour, you will have fun, you will get drunk, and you will learn something”. And…mission accomplished. He absolutely taught us some things, we had fun, and yeah, we all were tipsy at best leaving.
So what were the drinks? We started with one that was right up my alley: POG juice, Grand Marnier, vanilla vodka and champagne. This was very good. Next up, they started us with a whiskey sour: whiskey and sour mix. This actually was better than I expected it to be, but they didn’t stop there. After we had sampled that, they then added red wine to it, to make it a (I think) NY sour. This was very drinkable. We then continued on in the whiskey category with a drink that was whiskey, aperol and lemonade. This was also very drinkable, much moreso than most drinks in this genre usually are. We then moved on to an old fashioned that was made with Zaya rum, instead of whiskey. I think this had a bourbon barrel maple syrup in it too. It was shockingly drinkable. The final drink was an espresso martini which was NOT my thing. I’m not a coffee or espresso drinker. So Nick had that one for me on top of mine. Plus I believe he had been given an extra old fashioned. The bartenders would give us all the drinks and then demonstrated how to make the drinks while we were sipping our beverages. They then handed off the demo drink to whoever finished theirs the fastest. So all told, Nick had something like seven beverages in the hour. He was feeling no pain at the end of it.
Truly, this was one of the most unique and enjoyable mixology classes we’ve done, and we have always enjoyed them.
When we were done, we headed back to the stateroom, where Nick settled in. I then headed for the pool deck for some food to absorb the alcohol. I got a bowl from the cantina for me and an ice cream for him and brought those back to the room. We ate those, and then Nick took a nap, while I headed off to the Walt Disney Theater for the last show of the sailing.
Aladdin was amazing! The genie was hilarious and the production in general was so well done. I was bummed that Nick wasn’t able to see it. Guess we’ll just have to sail on the Fantasy again!
After Aladdin, I headed back to the room, where I woke Nick up. We both finished packing and put the luggage out before heading to dinner. Always the worst view!
Dinner tonight was in the Marvel dining room. I’ve never seen any of the Marvel movies, so I wasn’t sure what I’d get out of this experience. Turns out I got out of it about the same as everyone else at the table. We pushed the button. Given how much this is talked up, we were surprised by how little screen time there was. And we ate good food. I had the cheddar and broccoli soup, the ricotta gnocchi and the cheesecake. Nick had the steak and the key lime pie. Although this was a menu I wasn’t particularly excited about, we actually really enjoyed it.
After dinner, we headed back to the room where we found our final towel animal of the cruise before we crashed.








































No comments:
Post a Comment