I was awake pretty early, knowing full well that it was travel day. But also, why is my throat so swollen and congested feeling?!
I got up and got ready and enjoyed the view, bummed that we had to go home today. Highs were barely supposed to reach 70 today so it would have been a perfect Epcot day!
By 7:30 we had made our way down to Rosa Mexicano for breakfast. We were seated quickly, and breakfast here was amazing! We both had the churro waffles, which unlike Disney churro waffles are lightly dusted in cinnamon sugar and served with a Mexican chocolate sauce that’s outstanding. We would absolutely have breakfast here again!
Breakfast eaten, we headed back to the room to finish packing and enjoy the view a bit more.
And then it was time to leave. We headed down to the lobby and requested a Lyft. Gotta use that monthly Lyft credit my CC gives me when I can! We learned our lesson in NOLA, so I requested a Lyft XL. Within a few minutes Jose was picking us up in his hybrid Toyota Sienna. This made for a very comfortable ride to MCO, with ample room for Nick’s giant suitcase.
Check in at JetBlue was easy and pretty soon we were in the pre-check line, directly behind someone I work with. Vacation is over!
Security was quick and we found our gate easily, both of us again commenting on how nice terminal C is. At that time, we looked forward to flying through terminal C more, but JetBlue has since left MHT, so…we’ll see on that.
Eventually we got bagel sandwiches for lunch before our flight. Our flight was on time leaving, and boarding was orderly enough, although weird with e-gates. We actually left on time, and it was a smooth, and fast, flight up to Manchester. We arrived about half an hour early.
As is typical with JetBlue flights in every city, baggage claim took awhile, while my father in law circled the airport in my car, rather than wait in the cell phone lot like we told him, but the luggage emerged eventually, we waved goodbye to our cruise dinnermates who had been on our flight, and headed outside to meet up with John at the curb.
It was a quick trip back to my in laws, where the dogs were VERY happy to see us. We then loaded them in the car and headed home to get ready for the week.
Final thoughts:
We had an excellent cruise once it really started, but the Wish is definitely not our favorite ship. It’s beautiful and has some real cutting edge technology and amazing details, compared to the older ships, but it’s just not our favorite. The Star Wars lounge, though, is definitely worth the hype.
Kennedy Space Center was definitely worth the trip.
I’d stay at the Swolphin resorts again, but only for trips that are primarily focused on Epcot or Studios, because of the bus situation there.
I’m really bummed that JetBlue has left Manchester. Those flights were so nice.
That final morning congested feeling was year 3 of coming home with cruise crud. This year’s version of cruise crud absolutely kicked my rear after a few days of tricking me into thinking it wasn’t so bad. And then improved almost as quickly as it got bad. I’d really appreciate it if grown adults would remember how to cover their mouths when they cough.
Breakfast at Rosa Mexicano is excellent!
I still think the Epcot resort area is the best resort location for adults. Being able to walk to and from the parks just makes the start and end of the day so much more relaxing. I don’t know that Nick loved the walking, but he definitely enjoyed not having to wait in transportation lines!
Polite Pig is worthy of every accolade it has received.





No comments:
Post a Comment