Pretrip:
Cast of Characters:
I’ll spare you the redundant details. It’s Nick and me for this trip!
I actually don't really know when the plan for this trip came about. But basically, it was decided that a road trip to knock off several trip goals in one trip was in order. Nick has wanted to go to Cedar Point forever. We've both wanted to get to Niagara Falls. I have goals to go to all 50 states before I turn 50 and as many of the 63 national parks as is realistic in life and the upper Midwest is an area that was largely unconquered.
So a plan came together to visit:
Letchworth State Park
Cuyahoga Valley National Park
Cedar Point
Indiana Dunes National Park
Sleeping Bear Dunes National Lakeshore
Pictured Rocks National Lakeshore
Niagara Falls
This would knock Michigan, Cedar Point , Niagara Falls and all the mentioned national parks off the never been there list.
I did a horrifying amount of research, booked 8 different hotels for 9 nights, found some additional stops, figured out restaurants, and priced tolls. And I navigated a wild school year and a hectic summer school program.
At some point the packing started and even got finished. Plans got finalized. Weather forecasts got stalked. Nick ran the plans through Chatgpt who couldn't find anything along the route that I had missed and rated my plans a 9.8 out of 10. Go me!
And then it was go time!
No comments:
Post a Comment